Tuesday 30 July 2013

90210





May 13th 2013 was the date that the 90210 finale aired. I remember when I found out that 90210 was being cancelled I was very upset being a huge fan of the show but now I feel it was the right decision. Stories were running dry and the characters were too familiar - there were no surprises anymore! As much I will miss the rich and famous faces of the 90210 gang, I feel that any new stories would be too unbelievable as they had already tackled serious situations and anymore would make the show too unrealistic.  The show portrayed prostitution, rape, teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, marriage, etc. Too tackle all of these different situations and with such realism in only 5 years is amazing and even though 90210 wasn't the sequel to 90210 Beverly Hills, they sure did the show proud. 

But all that said the final ever episode was wish-washy. I feel like everyone should have ended up happy. Unrealistic people may say but at least we would have felt closure. With Naomi she didn't really find her true happy relationship or job. It felt too rushed and not over. I really thought it would be nice for her and Max to end up together. They always seemed to make it work through the worst of times. It was such a shame! Also, Silver getting cancer at the end was horrific. Even though she said she was going to fight it, after loosing the baby, I was hoping she was going to have a bit of a happy ending like maybe.. her and Dixon being re-united. When they dated in season 1 they were so cute together and with Liam and Annie and Navid and Adrianna back together I thought it was going to end in a memoriable way. Even if the relationships of the characters didn't last it would have been nice for it to end with a memory of the best times of 90210. It was a great show and I am going to buy the complete box set so I can remember everything but I feel like the show was worth more than the ending it was given. Goodbye, we will miss you 90210! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I couldn't have said it any better myself. I loved the show so much and I have all, the seasons on my laptop.
    I also own a site type blog www.msloolah.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete